Drafting Essentials TR10100
Learn how to use the NX Drafting application to create standards-compliant detailed engineering drawings that are fully associated to your 3D model.
You will configure all drafting preferences using a preset standards file, create multi-sheet drawings with base and derived views, place associated dimensions and annotations on the drawing, and customize the drawing with view-dependent geometry and style changes.
You will also explore techniques for working with assemblies and Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI).
The Drafting Essentials course is intended for design engineers, drafters, and CAD/CAM managers who need to manage and create drawings in NX.
- Basic Design (TR10053)
- Basic understanding of drafting principles.
- Basic understanding of geometric dimension and tolerance principles.
- Familiarity with the NX user interface.
- Working knowledge of the NX Modeling application, Assemblies environment and Sketch environment.
- Essentials for NX Designers (TR10051)
- Student Guide
- Activity Material
- Create and maintain drawing sheets and views.
- Create and manage derived views, such as section and detail views, and their view boundaries.
- Create view dependent geometry.
- Create and edit symbols, dimensions and annotations.
- Apply unique display methods to views in assembly drawings.
- Generate an assembly parts list.